Saturday, August 30, 2008

Finally a beginning...

At least for this blog. The project covered here had its beginning in 2004-2005 with the advent of D&D 3.5's Unearthed Arcana, Castles and Crusades, and WFRP2. UA was where I started tweaking the rules of d20 and as a result came up with a some new philosophies about game design (new to me at least). C&C and WFRP2 laid the ground for some other ideas that have been gestating for the last 3-4 years and with 4e D&D they are now building themselves inside my head into a game I have decided to call Codex.


But this blog won't be just about Codex development.

Some things I plan to discuss:
  1. Ideas about Swords and Sorcery Fiction as a genre as it relates to game design
  2. Problems in Gaming - specifically mechanical problems that don't seem to go away
  3. The Good and Bad of 4e
  4. Developments in the RPG Industry
  5. Discussions of other Systems
  6. "Old School" Gaming and related concepts
  7. Any other thing that I want to comment on which will usually be gaming related or a comment on someone else's comments

No comments: